ContentLab Blog: Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in being a contributing author to ContentLab’s official blog!
We write about Developer Marketing, Technical Content Marketing, DevRel, the Developer Experience, B2B Tech Marketing, Content Strategy, and other topics within this scope.
If you have ideas you’d like to contribute, let’s have a conversation! You can pitch us ideas, outlines, or completed articles if they meet the appropriate criteria.
Here are some guidelines on what we publish, the process, and what is required from you.
What we look for in accepted articles:
- Well written in English; clear and concise writing
- Articles that are in depth. We look for articles that are minimum ~1500 words, but this is adjusted based on the topic at hand.
- We look for posts that aim to educate the reader on a topic, present a unique perspective, or generate debate and conversation
- Having at least one image is preferable
What to know:
- We publish articles with credit to the author.
- We promote the article on our social media channels, and we encourage you to share the published content on your social media as well – just be sure to tag us so that we can promote you as well.
- Guest contributions go through our editorial process, which means you may be contacted for revisions if needed to get the content as polished as can be.
- Our high editorial standards mean that not all pitches and articles we receive will be posted.
- ContentLab reserves the right to edit and update the posts in the future
- All content must be 100% original and must not be posted anywhere else at the time of submission.
- If you plan to republish your post, you can do so at a minimum of 3 weeks after we publish it. You agree to set the canonical URL to the original post published on ContentLab.io. Let us know if you need help doing this!
- Content is not promotional in nature
- All outside content and information referenced in the post must be properly attributed.
We will get back to you within 10 business days to advise you on the status of your application if your piece is aligned with our content strategy and meets our editorial standards. However, due to the volume of contributions we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
Please fill out the form below to get started. We look forward to hearing from you!